We Acknowledge Five Things:
- We seek to do God’s will, not ours, always seeking God’s direction.
- The world is constantly changing and our organization must have flexibility to confront those changes.
- Highly functioning organizations provide leadership opportunities for everyone within the organization.
- We challenge ourselves not to allow ego or selfishness to take the place of a shared organizational and team mentality for the sake of the common good.
- The culture of the organization is based upon the words, behaviors, and habits of those within the organization.
We Are Committed To:
I. A Culture of Service and Humility:
- We will seek first the will of God and justice for all not personal or independent recognition.
- We will serve as a team with respect and mutuality as a sign of our commitment to the leadership style of Jesus Christ.
II. A Culture of Clear Mission, Vision, and Values (Strategic Commitments):
- We will know the mission of NaLEC and measure our work against the mission.
- We will establish clear priorities and goals that reflect our values and mission.
- We will partner with organizations that reflect and share our commitments, values, and mission.
III. A Culture of Trust and Transparency:
- We will speak the truth in love by sharing our perspectives honestly and openly.
- We will seek to communicate effectively across the organization while acknowledging that transparency does not mean violating confidentiality or sharing information as a means for personal gain.
- We will practice generous listening that acknowledges and respects differing perspectives and that creates a climate of civility and mutual respect.
IV. A Culture that Celebrates Leadership:
- We will name and affirm leaders at all levels within the organization.
- We will develop leaders at all levels within the organization.
- We will celebrate individuals when they demonstrate adaptive leadership activities that lead to the accomplishment of goals and fulfillment of mission.
V. A Culture of Ethics, Stewardship and Accountability:
- We will create a realistic strategic plan with clear goals and outcomes.
- We will identify clear roles and responsibilities to minimize duplication and waste.
- We will create appropriate evaluation measures and hold ourselves as well as our team members accountable for the accomplishment of our goals and mission.
VI. A Culture of Creativity and Transformation:
- We will model behaviors that we are calling for in the world.
- We will listen to new ideas, embrace diversity, and encourage critical thinking and change within the organization.
- We will take action to implement change for the sake of mission.